We believe that for viewers attracting, the higher quality you have for your online stream is better. Higher video resolution and higher FPS. And your bitrate should correspond to chosen FPS/Resolution. You can check the following table to see what options to set.
Please note that these are guideline figures for normal FPS settings (30 FPS). For 60 FPS you should multiply your figures by 1.5.
But there are some limitations that set the upper-quality limit for your streams:
1) Streaming platform requirements. Some streaming websites may set limitations for broadcasters' stream quality. If your stream preferences will be higher, your video may not be visible on the platform or it could be "broken" for your viewers. If you have such problems - please check platform requirements for external encoder streaming once again.
2) Web camera specifications. Each camera has its resolution and FPS limitation. There is no need to stream in 4k resolution for 1080p cameras (unless it will give you some advantages on the platform). You also will 30 FPS if this is a limit for your camera even if you set 60 FPS in Streamster. Please check your web camera specification for correct preferences.
3) Computer specifications. If your video quality is higher then your computer can process, Streamster will show you warnings: your CPU(1) and/or Encoder(2) indicators became yellow or red. Please reduce your Resolution and/or FPS, in this case, to make indicators green.
4) Internet upload speed. Bitrate you set is the data amount that is sending to the internet per second. So if your upload speed is, for example, 2 Mb/s, we don't recommend to set more than 1000 kbps bitrate. In case if your internet connection is unable to proceed with the bitrate you set, your Streamster Bitrate indicator became yellow or red (while other indicators are green). In this case please reduce your bitrate and Resolution/FPS according to the table above.
5) Your Streamster tariff plan. Streamster doesn't have any limitations for Resolution and FPS in each pricing plan but has following bitrate limitations:
Free (without registration) - 4000 kbps
Free (with registration) - 6000 kbps
Lite - 8000 kbps
Pro - 16000 kbps
Higher bitrate limits are possible with individual pricing plans, please contact our support team for more information.